Hello Everyone! Hope you’ve been enjoying this beautiful weather we’ve been having! It feels like Summer 🙂 I’ve got lots of growth happening in my garden, hopefully my potatoes make it this year (fingers crossed). If you missed my latest post you can go check it out, Attaining Simplicity.
Last week I shared on my Instagram Story our BBQ Chicken Pizza and I had poll going to share the recipe or not. And obviously you wanted it, and you should have because sooo delish. So I’ll let you in on the recipe!
Okay first you need pizza dough. I’ve been looking for a recipe that’s big enough for Evan and I to make a 14″ pizza and it needs to make the perfect crust. And I’m so thrilled because not only does the recipe that I found make enough but it makes enough for two pizzas. When I make this dough I split it into two and freeze one half for next time, making pizza night easy peasy. It’s crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, everything pizza crust should be, it really is the perfect pizza crust. The original recipe can be found here.
Pizza Dough (Recipe from Chef in Training)
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- Mix the water and yeast and let it proof for 5 minutes
- Then mix together 2 1/2 cups of flour with the proofed yeast, once that’s mixed add the remaining flour and salt
- When it’s been completely mixed together let it rise for 20 minutes
- Once that’s done, you can split the dough into two portions, either freeze one or make two pizzas if you’d like
- Roll dough out flat and put onto oiled baking sheet, I use a Wilton’s Pizza Pan
Now that your dough is finished you can do the fun part, the toppings!
BBQ Chicken Toppings
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Mozza-Cheddar Blend Cheese
- Fresh red onion
- Fresh roma tomato
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven at 400 F
- Top your dough with BBQ sauce, chicken (I used about a cup) and Mozza-Cheddar (about a cup as well)
- Bake for 20 minutes or so, till the crust is golden brown
- Chop up your fresh veggies and cilantro (I did mine quite fine)
- When your pizza is done in the oven and your fresh veggies, cut and serve!
and voila! perfect BBQ Chicken Pizza!