Just over a year ago I started my blogging journey, it was a little rough. And it still probably is but I was trying to go in a different direction with travel and adventure but it was just not what I truly had a passion for. So I decided to redirect it to something I could actually do and something that I really loved learning about.
Today I’m sharing ten little facts about me so that you can get to know me a bit better 🙂
- I started learning about self-sufficiency and conscious living around the time Evan and I got married but I never put it in to action until about last fall. I didn’t own land or have a garden, so I always thought it wouldn’t work for me. But now I’ve changed my mindset and I look for ways to be a modern homesteader in my little basement suite.
- Pineapple is my absolute favorite fruit, but if I eat too much of it my tongue swells up! It’s a little upsetting.
- Evan and I were married in August 2015, so we are quick approaching our two year anni! People think we met in college but we actually knew each other before. We had mutual friends from Abbotsford and so when our churches went on a mission trip to the same place in Mexico I met up with some of him and his friends.
- My biggest pregnancy cravings have been Fish ‘n’ Chips, Lemonade, and Tropical Starbursts (which have been terrible to find in Canada, but just last night I found some in the States!! I’m so thrilled!)
- I have really only worked for two places, I worked for 9 years (since middle school) for Panago Pizza and then started at The Body Shop in Sept 2015. I love working for The Body Shop, they have amazing company values and I love that I can work in retail knowing the company I work for strives for sustainability. Right now we are doing a petition to end animal testing globally so come in store or sign it online!
- I constantly have music playing on repeat, wherever or whatever I’m doing I need some background noise. I find silence unsettling, which I think is a common millennial problem so that’s one of the only aspects where you can put me in the “millennial box”.
- I have a thing for big mugs, I’m not really a coffee or tea drinker normally but if you have a big mug I am so down. I think its the definition of “ultimate cozy” for me.
- One of my favorite things when meeting new people is learning their ethnic background, I think it says so much about a person. I love learning about their culture: how they were raised, their family dynamics or even specific food they eat. I am Dutch Canadian, through and through, and I’m really quite proud of that.
- I’ve watched the show Supernatural probably about 4 times now and Evan has never seen a single episode!
- I love things to be quick, simple, and easy. In cooking, cleaning, crafting, whatever it is. If it takes too long then I don’t have time haha. You may have picked up on this if you’ve read any of my recipes posts (this one is my favorite).
So there’s ten things about me, I hope you know me a little better now 🙂 If you want to share ten things about yourself, leave me a comment! Or let me know if you have any questions!